Data Quality / Billing Coordinator
DENVER, CO |FULL TIME
Better Business Bureau (BBB) is an international not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting and fostering the highest ethical relationships between businesses and the public through voluntary self-regulation, consumer and business education, and service excellence.
The BBB serving Denver/Boulder is registered in the State of Colorado as a 501(c)(6) business membership organization and services a 12-county region. BBB has over 60,000 business reviews on local companies, of which over 7,000 are Accredited Businesses. We are not strictly a “consumer advocate,” nor are we a “pro-business” entity. In fact, our focus is on the middle ground between buyers and sellers: we work to create, support and maintain a safe, fair, thriving marketplace.
Vision: An ethical marketplace where buyers and sellers trust each other.
Mission: BBB’s mission is to be the leader in advancing marketplace trust. We do this by:
- Setting standards for marketplace trust
- Encouraging and supporting best practices by engaging with and educating consumers and businesses
- Celebrating marketplace role models
- Calling out and addressing substandard marketplace behavior
- Creating a community of trustworthy businesses and charities
BBB ensures that high standards for trust are set and maintained. We exist so consumers and businesses alike have an unbiased source to guide them on matters of trust. We provide educational information and expert advice that is free of charge and easily accessible. BBBs exist because local businesses are willing to underwrite our operations. These businesses do so because they believe that the local marketplace becomes a better place to live, work, and raise a family when it operates fairly and safely. Businesses who belong to the BBB contribute to the betterment of the community for all residents.
BBB’s southeast Denver office currently employs over 40 staff. Organizational culture is important to us, and so we encourage employees to work hard and have fun. We measure success through the happiness of our staff, as well as the support of the businesses and consumers that use BBB’s products and services. Evolving to remain relevant in our marketplace is paramount. We do this by encouraging creativity and excellence in everything we do, so that we can continually meet and exceed the expectations of the community we serve.
The Data Quality/Billing Coordinator maintains and analyzes the BBB database, and serves as the designated database expert within the finance department. The incumbent will process a high volume of database transactions, including data entry and report generation, and will analyze invoices to ensure accuracy.
- Associates Degree in a business-related field, with a minimum of two years progressive invoice/data processing experience required.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, vendors, and customers.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Proficiency with 10-key and intermediate-level experience with Microsoft Office applications required, specifically Excel spreadsheets.
This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer. BBB provides a benefit package that includes: 100% employer-paid medical insurance, 401K opportunity, life insurance, paid holidays and paid time off. The workweek is 40 hours, Monday-Friday.
Qualified candidates may apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to Daniel Casso, Human Resources Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes submitted without a cover letter may not be considered
• Post ID: 47822802 denver