Posted: Sunday, March 4, 2018 11:44 AM
It starts with great chemistry.
Univar is more than a distribution company : were a leading, global partner dedicated to improving quality of life for our customers through the products, expertise, and relationships that serve the worlds most essential industries. Founded in 1924, with global headquarters in Downers Grove, IL, Univar generated 8+ billion in sales in 2016 : securing the 1 market position in North America and the 2 market position in Europe.
Creating great chemistry is not just about the innovative products and services we safely deliver to customers around the world. It also takes people : people like you : and today, our worldwide team of more than 8,000 employees is helping build a company where the best people want to work. If youre looking for an experience where your actions will make a positive difference every day, youve come to the right place.
The HR Manager will have regional responsibility for all day to day HR Generalist duties for Univars Corporate Functions. This role will be responsible for the delivery and execution of HR platforms and strategies provided by the HR Leadership Team, HR Directors, Centers of Expertise, Regional Business Leadership, and the continuous improvement department. This role is to operate as a change agent for their territory through effective leadership development, coaching, counseling, and conflict management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitates and leads local talent acquisition activity including making recommendations on candidates and ensure compliance to Talent Acquisition process and Talent Acquisition best practices.
- Facilitates and leads local compensation review, with Compensation COE to ensure non:exempt wage equity and offers and compensation issues at facility.
- Base line benefits knowledge to support facilities during open enrollment and rollout of plan changes.
- Partners with local management to ensure execution of programs that support development of positive employee relations and culture supportive of Univar's values and behaviors.
- Directly involved in employee coaching, counseling, and termination discussions as both an employee advocate as well as a business partner ensuring a fair, thorough and balance investigation using "just cause" practices
- Facilitate leadership development through effective coaching, counseling, and conflict resolution as well as structured training through learning management system, and act as a train the trainer resource for all leadership development programs
- Participate and drive calibration sessions and consistency between local leadership to ensure local leadership alignment to organizational strategy in the talent management process. Including working with leaders during goal setting, performance and review process, and merit and reward process.
- Improve leader and contributor performance by identifying and clarifying problems, evaluating potential solutions, implementing selected solutions, in a proactive fashion, before problems result in escalation and decreased employee engagement.
- Ensures local compliance to federal, state and local legal requirements including NLRA, ADA, FMLA, AA/EEO Compliance, FLSA and local UI process and procedures.
- Act as change agent working directly with and championing HR Directors, Centers of Expertise, District and Branch leadership, and continuous improvement organizations strategies.
- Act as council to broad range of employees on broad range of issues from non:exempt direct labor up through exempt district leadership roles, exercises sound judgment in elevating and recommending actions to HR directors in which systemic issues persist.
- Engage in all levels of business throughout region to be focal point for pulse of the employee and advice of upcoming issues and landmines when working with centers of expertise and HR directors on strategic initiatives.
- Work in collaboration with Pe
• Location: Denver
• Post ID: 52662652 denver