Are you ready for a work schedule that fits your lifestyle? “We offer No nights, No weekends, No call"
This position is PRN Front Office. Hours will vary.
The Ambulatory Surgery Division operates over 100 ambulatory surgery centers’ across the U.S. Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs) perform surgeries that do not require hospital admission. They provide cost-effective services and a convenient environment. Procedures are performed in a fully equipped operating room and recovery is under the care of highly skilled nurses. Whether young or old or somewhere in between, patients and their families benefit from the comfortable environment ASCs have to offer. Surgeries performed include eye, ear, nose and throat (ENT), general surgery, gynecologic, plastic surgery, podiatry and orthopedics. Apply Now! Come Join our Team!
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Contributes to the company by handling various business office functions, including: billing, cash posting, chart preparation, cash posting, collections, insurance verification, medical records, patient registration, and scheduling.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Responsible for accurately performing all functions of patient admissions, including reviewing all information with patient, completing appropriate forms, and copying appropriate insurance cards and photo identification.
- Insurance Verification:
- Performs insurance pre-certification, verification, and interviews patients prior to surgery and documents information accordingly.
- Verifies and obtains all patient eligibility, authorizations, benefits, and claim information with insurance companies or 3rd party payer at least within 3 business days prior to surgery.
- Determines and documents patient portions due, amounts to be billed, contractual discounts to be taken, or any other authorized discounts that may apply. Communicates this information with appropriate personnel for preparation of the pre-admission process. Also communicates with appropriate personnel any problems arising with the verification of benefits.
- Identifies all patient accounts accurately based on what PPO, HMO, or other Managed Care Organizations the patient’s insurance plan might fall under.
- Contacts patients and provides updates on benefit verification information, requests additional information, insurance cards, and explains to the patient his or her financial responsibility such as co-pays, co-insurance, co-deductibles, at time of service.
- Accurately completes data entry necessary including authorizations and benefits as well as patient communication in the appropriate module of Advantx.
- Makes financial arrangements after consulting with CBO Director/BOM when patient is unable to pay amounts due in full the day of surgery.
- Notifies CBO Director/BOM of any insurance carrier information changes.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=27840-63582&lang=en
• Post ID: 36065533 denver