Organization: Lutheran Family Services Rocky Mountains
Organization Type: 501(c)(3)
Job Location: Front Range
Type of Job: Full-time
Job Category: Programs/Services
Assists immigrants and refugees in seeking and obtaining employment and connecting with educational resources and institutions in order to attain long-term self-sufficiency. The Employment Navigator is responsible for the creation of employment and career plans and for continuous assessment to determine clients’ job readiness. Provides a full range of support services including vocational/training referrals, job coaching, and on-site interpretation/translation. Works within the business community to develop employment opportunities and promote the hiring of immigrants and refugees.
- Establish working relationships with employers to encourage employment of immigrants and refugees. Continuously look for new employment opportunities and advocate for enhancement of immigrant and refugee employment opportunities.
- Recruit clients both internally and externally from other community-based organizations and immigrant service providers.
- Complete orientation, create employment/education plan, and conduct ongoing career planning sessions with clients.
- Assess client skills, capabilities, and expectations regarding employment to determine appropriate referrals for training, education, and employment services. Connect clients with educational institutions and organizations that can provide financial assistance for training and/or continuing education.
- Maintain current information on opportunities for basic education, training/vocational programs, financial assistance programs, and local, county, state, and federal employment programs.
- Provide assistance in completing applications, creating resumes, and conducting interview practice. Schedules and transports clients to interviews. Secures interpretation/translation as necessary.
- Act as liaison between employers and refugee employees to ensure successful job placement and retention outcomes by providing job coaching, workplace safety and training orientations, assistance with benefits enrollment, and serving as a continuing resource to both employees and employers.
- Maintain client records documenting all contact with clients and other parties involved with cases and adheres to strict confidentiality surrounding client information and records.
- Monitor client progress and complete reports in accordance with program requirements of funding organizations.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to market refugees and immigrants as potential employees and agency services to businesses in the Metro Denver area. Past experience in job development preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business and technical documents or instructions related employment programs and businesses. Can communicate information effectively to clients with limited English ability.
- Written communication skills, ability to write reports and to make presentations
- Detail oriented, extensive documentation skills, organized and able to work in a multi-tasked environment.
- Skilled at crisis management, problem solving and mediation.
- Cross cultural sensitivity and knowledge with the ability and desire to work with people of other cultures.
- Functional fluency in one or more foreign languages preferred.
- Skills in problem solving, negotiations, decision-making, and mediating conflict.
- Maintains punctuality for work, appointments, and report dates.
- Ability to self-start but also works well in a team setting. Can collaborate effectively with others.
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, and the use of email and other applications.
- Demonstrates commitment to the mission, values, and vision of Lutheran Family Services Rocky Mountains.
Email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com