Worker Center Coordinator
Organization: Centro Humanitario Para Los Trabajadores
Organization Type: 501(c)(3)
Job Location: Statewide
Type of Job: Full-time
Job Category: Administrative | Communications | Education | Programs/Services | Volunteer Management
Position Summary: The Worker Center Coordinator is responsible for overseeing and maintaining operations of El Centro’s downtown Denver worker center including: facilities management, staffing, center policies, job delegation and interfacing with employers daily. The Coordinator will recruit and orient new members and lead required trainings for worker members.
- Coordinate systems for the intake, orientation, registration and dispatch of laborers
- Assist employers to hire day laborers in a safe and organized manner that promotes the dignity of workers
- Manage systems for surveying employers after they use the program
- Engage members, volunteers and staff to implement annual work-plan in alignment with organizational values
- Oversee worker engagement and center policy compliance.
- Participate in mediation and conflict management amongst members, community and employers
- Organize the workers to participate in cleaning and maintenance of the Center
- Oversee security protocols and the engage workers to maintain a positive image of the Center
- Oversee membership registration, the orientation and ID card process for El Centro membership
- Oversee benefit program for members onsite: Locker Rental, Kitchen access, Computer access, etc.
- Coordinate the following activities:
- Facilitate Orientations for new and returning members: Know your Rights Trainings and information regarding worker’s rights and immigrant rights
- Faciliate required trainings with new and returning Worker Members: Health and Safety and Ethics in the workplace.
- Marketing: Coordinate the development of marketing and advertising plan including activities to promote the Worker Center through Craigslist Ads, Community Presentations, etc.
- Wage Claim: refer workers to and maintain strong collaborations with organizations providing legal and direct support to recuperate stolen wages from victims of wage theft.
- Resource Referrals: maintain systems that connect workers to various social services in the Denver area
- Identify opportunities and interest from workers for onsite work skills trainings, workforce development and - engage volunteers to offer ESL, Art and Computer classes.
- Maintain an inventory of the Workers Center’s property and tool supply
- Oversee recruitment and supervision of a team of Community Workstudy Students, Urban Corp volunteers, Interns and volunteers to staff the center: greet visitors, implement programs for members and at the Workers Center.
- Maintain database of employers, members, job activity and participation
- Provide regular progress reports of activities and achievements of the Center
- Represent the interests of the Center to participants, visitors and employers
Special projects and other duties are not limited to but may include:
- Actively support and participate in fundraising activities for El Centro, assist with tracking of donors in database
- Coordinate in kind donations to the center
- Manage vendors, supply inventory, purchasing
- Volunteer recruitment, intake, orientation and placement
- · 2 years experience in office management, customer service, project management, staff supervision, conflict management and meeting and training facilitation.
- · Fluency in Spanish and English with strong writing and oral skills
- · Experience working with low-income and immigrant population
- · Commitment to democratic workplaces and grassroots community building
- · Ability to collaborate and work cooperatively
- · Proficient computer skills including: Microsoft Office, Internet and Email systems and database programs.
- · Highly organized and attentive to detail and accuracy
- · Ability to lead and manage others, work independently and multi-task
- · Dedication and ability to work on a flexible schedule, including some weekends, and some nights
- · Good planning skills, time management, ability to prioritize work and account for results
Compensation/Benefits: Salary is based on experience, Full Health and Dental coverage, 10 paid holidays/year + 10 personal days and 12 sick days accrued throughout the year.