Posted: Thursday, March 8, 2018 9:40 AM
MarkWest Energy Partners, L.P.
Location Address: 1515 Araphaoe St Twr1 Ste 1600, Denver, CO, United States (US), 80202
Education Level: Bachelors Required
Relevant Experience Level: Entry Level (1:3 Years)
Employee Group: Regular : Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
The IT Business Analyst performs functions to support and develop functionality for applications in direct support of operations. The application scope will include OSISoft's PI System and TiPSView's LogMate Alarm Management Suite and may expand to other operational applications and interfaces.
The IT Business Analyst will work directly with business users/field resources across multiple business units, IT team members and external vendor consultants. The IT Business Analyst will be responsible for resolving problems and completing enhancements to PI, LogMate and other Operational applications. The IT Business Analyst will also be responsible for multiple small to large projects throughout the year. Project responsibilities will include documenting functional requirements, design, test scripts and developing solutions according to business objectives.
Work Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology or Operational related experience.
- 2+ years of experience delivering solutions for enterprise applications as a Business Analyst, preferably with experience in Operations within the Midstream Oil and Gas industry.
- Preference will be given to candidate with experience in OSISoft's PI system.
- SQL Server or related RDBMS skills including PL:SQL; the candidate should be able to write reasonably complex SQL statements that will query, update, insert, and delete as well as be able to analyze stored procedures.
- Basic computer programming knowledge with any object oriented programming language.
- Experience with SCADA or DCS systems, ClearSCADA, DeltaV, Intouch, Archestra, Experion is desirable.
- Experience with resolving OPC and DCOM related issues.
- Experience developing, documenting or debugging software interfaces and components.
- Problem solving skills when working in a high pace environment where priorities change quickly.
- Knowledge and work experience throughout all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Basic IT Infrastructure knowledge required for deployment and troubleshooting of an enterprise application (e.g. Remote Desktop, Citrix, active directory, etc.).
- Experience coordinating system upgrades and enhancements for one or multiple problem fixes at the same time across multiple environments (non:production and production).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage stakeholder expectations in order to obtain their buy in for solutions/projects and ensure final acceptance of said solution/project.
- Works directly with business owners and field resources to document and formalize detailed system requirements. Internally develops or works with third party vendors to develop and deploy project solutions/support (e.g. upgrades, configuration changes, etc.) per business requirements.
- Develops various reports and displays (dashboards).
- Functionally understands and works to have expert knowledge of applications of which the role is responsible.
- Participates in production support, issue resolution and change control management activities.
- Interprets existing IT controls environment and applies to existing and proposed processes to ensure compliance.
- Correctly prioritizes support issues and resolves in a timely manner.
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude when dealing with co:workers.
- Ability to successfully communicate with multiple levels within an organization and facilitate understanding of processes and issues from a business perspective
• Location: Denver
• Post ID: 52867522 denver