What you’ll be doing...
You’ll help keep our corporate networks secure, playing a key role in defining our information security strategy, architecture and impacting our foundational security posture. As part of our Corporate Information Security organization, your work will shape our security roadmap across the enterprise for years to come. Managing critical relationships inside and outside the business will be important to implementing new security recommendations. You’ll also lead multiple, critical projects, and provide guidance and mentoring to junior colleagues and peers. You’ll apply your deep technical knowledge to make sure we’re on the right path to achieving secure system designs that lower risk.
- Conducting company-wide security assessments to proactively identify weaknesses and identify opportunities for security enhancements.
- Monitoring and assessing emerging security threats and risks and developing appropriate solutions.
- Creating, documenting and sharing security architecture designs and security solutions across the enterprise.
- Developing and implementing a clear and detailed technology security roadmap.
- Providing technical leadership for security initiatives and critical projects.
- Finding creative ways to mitigate security risks and support business activities.
- The Network Security Architect will focus on evaluating the various IAM components and processes within Verizon including on premise infrastructures, private/public cloud initiatives and 3rd party service providers.
- In addition this role will help drive authentication and authorization standards for internal and external processes, including all the various business units to guide them in implementing the correct solutions for their needs while adhering to Verizon corporate standards, policies and best practices.
- The Network Security Architect will also work with multiple parts of Corporate Information Security as well as other organizations to define and evaluate and update policies, standards and solutions for enterprise and business use.
- Resource will be leading multiple large-scale projects and evaluations and will be providing direction to co-workers, cross-functional team and peers.
- Resource will have empowerment to make decisions as necessary that align to our security strategy and will be required to provide periodic reviews to executives both internally and externally.
- Through this autonomy resource will be take complex problems and create resolution paths that will require participation of many cross functional teams.
- Resource will not just define the solution but also drive its implementation.
- Creativity will provide the resource to make decisions that will have impact on projects and staff that comes with extensive responsibility.
- Work generally will be accomplished without direction with only periodic reviews of evaluation methodologies and techniques to ensure the most objective criteria to achieve the best results for the business.
- Leading Cloud IAM application architecture and technical design.
- Developing the Cloud IAM strategy, roadmap and vision definition.
- Defining standard authorization models for systems, applications, data sources and network elements across the business units with the ability to delineate administrative, elevated and fine-grained access entitlements.
- Developing positions, white papers, and other knowledge capital.
- Building working relationships with IAM vendor product development and engineering teams within the corporation performing identity and access management activities.
What we’re looking for...
You value being an effective expert, working across our business to resolve complex problems. People know you for your ability to clearly explain and translate issues, solutions and long-term roadmaps to technicians and executives alike. You can build great working relationships with colleagues, suppliers and customers.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification.
- Experience defining and implementing information systems security strategy.
Even better if you have:
- Your GSEC certification.
- A broad understanding of all applicable IT system components, such as architecture, authentication, connectivity, system hardware and software, cloud computing and mobile.
- Experience with how hackers get into corporate networks.
- Experience with LAN, WAN and wireless technologies.
- 6+ years of combined experience in IT, application development and support, and cyber security with highly scalable online transactional systems.
- 5+ years’ working knowledge with industry IAM tools such as CA, IBM, Oracle, ForgeRock, Ping, etc.
- 5+ years’ working knowledge with industry authentication tools such as CA Siteminder or Oracle Access Manager, etc.
- 5+ years’ working experience performing technology evaluations and providing recommendations and cost benefit analysis including business process engineering.
- Specific experience in managing access to critical systems and automation of provisioning processes and application development at large and complex Fortune 100 Company.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of cyber risks and adversaries and impact to large corporations.
- Strong communication and presentation skills along with the ability to handle multiple priorities and high stress situations.
- Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple partners.
- Strong familiarity with telecommunications and technology companies, customers, products and services
- Certifications: CISSP or CISM Certification.
- Experience with public cloud offerings such as AWS, Google, Azure, IBM, Oracle, etc.
Verizon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7061223-network-security-architect
• Post ID: 40763993 denver