Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 12:25 AM
STATEMENT OF POLICY
A key focus of Centuras overall business strategy is talent development. Centura is committed toproviding the tools and processes that will enable associates to plan their careers. The preferredpractice is to post available positions on the Centura Health Career Website allowing visibility to jobopportunities at Centura.
Associates are eligible for an open position if they are:
1. Active in their current position for at least six months or have manager and HR approval to bereleased early;
2. Ratings meet expectations or higher on their PFD review;
3. No written warning or Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) within the last six months unless theirmanager receives approval from HR; and
4. Continuous sustained improvement is demonstrated.
Centura's general practice is to post available positions on the Career Website for a minimum of threebusiness days (HR reserves the right to close a posting based on the number of applications receivedwithin the three business days). The position may be posted internally and externally simultaneously.The organization reserves the right to post internally only before posting externally.
JOB DESCRIPTION/JOB POSTING ID:
Assumes responsibility and accountability for facilitating, communicating, and collaborating with both the healthcare team, and the patient/family to identify and meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the patient. Promotes the optimal health, well:being and safety of the patient through use of the nursing process and in accordance with patient care standards, guidelines and the State Nurse Practice Act. Demonstrates personal accountability for relationship:based care, organizational mission, and core values.
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing for new graduates; preferred for experienced RNs
Work Experience Requirements
One year experience preferred
Nursing skills and knowledge base specific to specialty
Current Colorado RN license/ Current RN license from a participating state in National Licensure Compact
Current BLS certification from American Heart Association required;
Additional certifications may be required (refer to facility addendum(s)
Cath Lab, IR, or Critical Experience required for this position
Position Duties(ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
PATIENT and FAMILY CENTERED CARE : 45
- Assess patient's physical, psychosocial, cultural and spiritual needs through observation, interview, review of medical records and clinical data. Evaluates patient's response and intervenes to ensure optimal patient outcome.
- Develop and implement patient plan of care and observe outcomes in accordance with nursing standards and in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrate competency in a variety of therapeutic/diagnostic interventions including but not limited to IV's, incision/wound care, medication administration, catheterization and specimen collections.
- Promote, advocate and collaborate to protect the health and safety and rights of each patient.
- Provide patient/family education through assessment of patient/family learning readiness, needs, and ability. Provide teaching and evaluate effectiveness of teaching.
- Recognize the patient or designee as a full partner in providing compassionate and coordinated care based on respect for the patient's preferences, values, and needs.
- Provide relationship:based care in which the nurse strives to understand what is most important to the individual and actively engage them in all aspects of care. This care will be delivered with respect for cultural differences and the div
• Location: Denver
• Post ID: 52595017 denver