What you’ll be doing...
We are looking for people to help us fuel the fire of the MapQuest engines. We need people who love technology, especially the under the cover stuff. We are looking for Back End Engineers who are passionate about writing services and APIs. Someone who can bring complex ideas, energy to a team, takes some risks, and challenges our thinking.
You will be designing, creating and maintaining components of our applications for location services. The ideal candidate will possess an understanding of service oriented architecture, with skills in SCALA, or JAVA, in a large cloud environment.
The ideal candidate will drive and champion test driven (TDD) and Agile development, as well as promoting and evolving best practices within the organization. The Senior Software Engineer will be detail oriented, self-directed, self-motivated, with a strong capacity for working successfully and flexibly with members across the organization.
- Owns the design and development of significant components or modules and contributes to reviews of other components within the overall architecture.
- Ensure that code adheres to defined standards and best practices for accessibility, security, standard coding practices, performance and quality.
- Design, build and support APIs and REST-based web services that are exposed to other internal teams.
- Routinely delivers working software solutions that meet user story acceptance criteria.
- Practices Agile development methods and exemplifies core agile values of transparency, collaboration, embracing change and iterative development.
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and technical training to team members.
- Demonstrates ability to keep current with emerging technology trends and research.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in software engineering and design.
Even better if you have
- A degree.
- Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals object oriented design, data structures, services architecture, algorithms, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Extensive experience programming in Java or Scala.
- Experience in code optimization and high performance computing.
- Working knowledge of Elastic Search.
- Background working with Search Algorithms and Relevancy.
- Proven track record of delivery.
- Practitioner of Agile/Scrum and test driven development.
- Experience using standard SDLC tools like Jira, Git, Jenkins.
- Test-driven development/test automation, continuous integration, and deployment automation.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced agile environment. Requirements change quickly and our team needs to constantly adapt to moving targets.
- Strong communications skills and team-oriented mindset.
- High energy with a positive attitude.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2382955-search-software-engineer
• Post ID: 52819147 denver