You're an engineer looking for a career where you'll be able to build, to deliver, and to impress. You are passionate about mobile computing and want to disrupt the world of application development on mobile devices. You want to build rich customer experiences, utilizing to the fullest possible extent all the sensors on a mobile device to improve fused location services. You want to work on projects that require creative thinking and design of cutting edge solutions around beacon, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. You challenge yourself and others to constantly come up with better solutions. You're a thought leader, but you don't just know how to solve the problem, you prove it by building the solution. Last but not the least; you have a high bar for code quality and passion for design and architecture.
- Owns the design and development of significant components or modules and contributes to reviews of other components within the overall architecture
- Bachelor's degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in software development including experience within the mobile environment.
- Experience with at least one modern object oriented language such as Java, C#, Objective-C.
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or Electrical Engineering
- Proven track record of delivery with some experience in iOS sensor manipulation.
- Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals
- Exposure to iOS applications that tap into Wi-FI, Bluetooth or beacon features is ideal
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience delivering mobile applications with support across a wide range of devices/hardware
- Experience with Agile (SCRUM, Kanban, XP), OO modeling, web services, unit testing, code review, source control (git, subversion), UNIX, middleware and databases
- Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues
- Ability to effectively communicate with others, performs work in a team environment, and relay necessary information as appropriate.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers Americas fastest and most reliable network. Were also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6495184-senior-ios-engineer