Posted: Monday, March 5, 2018 2:28 PM
Manages all aspects of assigned projects including project scope, estimate, schedule, engineering design, equipment sizing, material selection, project bidding, contractor selection, construction oversight, management of change, safety and environmental oversight and all other project tasks that relate to gas/liquid processing facilities. Supports multiple capital and expense projects simultaneously within budget and schedule.
: Collaborate with affected departments during gated Front:End Loading (Apprise, Select and Define stages where projects are initiated, concepts selected and front:end definitions developed) to vet resource estimates, schedules, business benefits, environmental/health/safety impacts.
: Participate in technical reviews to ensure detailed engineering meets corporate and industry standards.
: Develop project feasibility and economic analysis to determine project feasibility.
: Prepare decision support packages for review and approval by management.
: Execute multiple projects simultaneously.
: Navigate through complex regulatory issues and identify project support needs and adjust accordingly to execute projects in allotted time and budget.
: Collaborate with Project Controls on project administration (scheduling, estimating, cost management, schedule management etc.) so that project resources are optimized.
: Conduct productivity analysis to identify and resolve critical variances so that project can achieve established objectives.
: Coordinates with Procurement in development of contracting plan, including engineering and execution resources.
: Identify risk factors and ranks as of level of threat posed to projects success during technical and location:oriented risk assessment.
: Develop and implements risk response plan to monitor and control risks throughout project lifecycle.
: Maintains accurate and current project documentation.
: Develop start:up manuals, operating and emergency response procedures, training materials, etc.
: Design complex systems and evaluate multiple options that consider cost and timing of construction.
: 1Subject matter expert in the design and specification of most types of equipment utilized in processing plants such as compressors, pumps, exchangers, filters, separators, control valves, etc.
* Minimum undergraduate degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering required
* Minimum 10 years of experience in Facilities Design and Project Management within the oil and gas industry is required.
* Previous experience with piping fabrication, gas plant operations is preferred
* Expertise in process design and control.
* Strong knowledge of ISA standards and symbols.
* Expert in many codes and standards such as ASME and API. Ability to perform design calculations.
* Working knowledge of process modeling software such as HYSYS and ProMax to build, troubleshoot and optimize plant designs.
* Ability to quickly understand new facilities or systems with limited information (e.g. a set of P and IDs and a Material Energy Balance).
* Ability to utilize project management tools to track project schedule and cost and to identify potential issues early in project cycle.
* Communicating and Influencing
Tesoro Corporation, a Fortune 100 company, is a leading independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products with a strategically focused presence in the western United States. Tesoro, through our subsidiaries, owns and operates seven refineries with a combined capacity of over 895,000 barrels per day. Our retail:marketing system includes over 2,400 retail stations under the ARCO(r), Shell(r), Exxon(r), Mobil(r), USA Gasoline(tm), Rebel(tm) and Tesoro(r) brands. Our full:serv
• Location: Denver
• Post ID: 51782182 denver