What you’ll be doing...
Were looking for senior backend engineers that love solving challenging engineering problems. Youll help craft systems that support world-class GPS navigation products used by millions of people every day. Working with plenty of geospatial and map data, youll help lead the design of new APIs and algorithms to create safe, fun, and unique experiences. Although we work primarily in Python and C++, were looking for someone unafraid to dive into any system or any language.
- You love creating world-class products and experiences. Youre excited knowing your work is delivered directly to millions of MapQuest users and business partners.
- Youre willing to be involved in all aspects of our products. By working with our team of backend engineers, mobile SDK engineers, and designers youll influence the entire end-to-end navigation experience, from the raw map data to the spoken voice navigation prompts.
- You have a ruthless attention to detail. You set a high quality bar and sweat the details, seeking out edge cases and elusive bugs.
- You enjoy mentoring junior engineers, exemplifying best practices, reviewing pull requests, and growing them into our next set of leaders.
- Play a lead role in contributing to the design and development of navigation backend services used by numerous B2C and B2B product teams
- Ensure that code adheres to defined standards and best practices for performance, speed, scalability and quality
- Practice Agile development methods and exemplifies core Agile values of transparency, collaboration, acceptance of change and iterative development
- Routinely deliver working software solutions ready for production
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers
What we’re looking for...
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent relevant work experience
- 8+ years technical expertise in Python and C++
- 6+ years experience with developing algorithms preferred
Ideally you have:
- Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals object oriented design, data structures, services architecture, algorithms, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience designing and building APIs and RESTful web services required
- Strong analysis and communication skills required
- Background with data processing systems that are scalable and fault-resistant required
- Experience with data engineering preferred
- Experience with TDD and automation required
- Experience in enterprise commercial software highly preferred
- Experience working within Agile software engineering methodologies using tools such as JIRA preferred
- Experience with AWS cloud technologies preferred
Verizon powers Americas fastest and most reliable network. Were also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6735412-mobile-engineer
• Post ID: 36123133 denver