What you’ll be doing...
We’re a great technology company, powered by great people who push the boundaries, create solutions from scratch, and turn big data into smart insights. We’re constantly developing industry-changing technology, and you’ll play a key role in keeping us on the cutting edge. This position has a lot of flexibility in multiple technical areas which adds excitement and the ability to present your own ideas for software or infrastructure changes. The application supported is a critical provisioning application used by our global internal Verizon customers.
Supporting and implementing new technologies to modernize our test and production environments.
Providing design direction to implemented solutions within the java based application working closely with other team members.
Coding to make changes when required but the majority of changes will be done by others within the team
Understanding and modifying Jenkins automation scripts where necessary to streamline builds/deployments or AWS instance creation
What we’re looking for...
You’ve got experience across the software development lifecycle and you’re well versed on Cloud concepts. You see problems as puzzles just waiting to be solved. You know how to manage stakeholder expectations, and you’re great at communicating technical information in an easy-to-understand way. Your team orientation and collaborative nature make you an obvious choice to lead cross-functional teams.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with all phases of the software development lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation
- Experience with Java.
Even better, if you have:
- A degree in computer science.
- Setting and configuring application servers, with WebLogic or JBoss
- Scripting languages such as HTML, CSS, JS, JQuery, Shell, Chef, or Puppet.
- Operations Systems experience, like Unix, Linux or Windows.
- Database understanding like, Oracle, SQL, DB2 or Cassandra.
- Framework experience, like Struts, Springs, GWT, Restful APIs (Jersey), or WSO2
- Experience with workflow tools such as Bonita or JBPM, Agile and DevOps tools: Jira, confluence, Jenkins, Artifactory and Cloud environment enablement
- Architecture experience, like Amazon Web Service
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6888872-senior-software-engineer
• Post ID: 39441593 denver