Deloitte Advisory- Business Risk (Intern)- Denver (Summer 2017)- University of Colorado, Boulder -
Do you thrive in times of disruption? Have a passion for turning challenges and opportunities into long-term competitive advantages? As a Business Risk Intern at Deloitte Advisory, you’ll have the opportunity to gain valuable, hands-on experience working alongside leading professionals across diverse industries while building your professional skills in a variety of project experiences. You will be involved in helping clients assess, analyze, and improve the effectiveness of governance, financial and operational control processes, offer recommendations to improve operations, assist our clients with enterprise risk and compliance activities, or support forensic technology and investigation matters.
Work you’ll do
As an Intern, you will have the opportunity to work on projects within our Business Risk service area. You will leverage advanced, technology-enabled solutions to help our clients more confidently make decisions to drive performance. You will help our clients embrace change, grow their business, accelerate performance, and navigate periods of crisis or controversy and emerge resilient. Projects may include:
• Helping clients increase the transparency, relevance and value of information they disclose to the market and investors around business and technology performance. This can be done by delivering internal control attestations and assessments of a client’s processes and technology.
• Drawing on data from a wide range of sources, looking for hidden patterns that might suggest threats like fraud, bribery or corruption. Assisting in litigation matters such as purchase price disputes or supporting our senior practitioners as they serve as expert witness when cases go to court.
• Supporting the client by executing the internal audit plan, advising and consulting with the business on risks, and anticipating emerging risks to help the business make better informed decisions.
• Priming clients with the knowledge to get ahead of new and emerging regulatory issues. Using proprietary tools and frameworks to help clients determine where their weaknesses lie, and what they need to do to create value by building a compliant, resilient enterprise.
• Helping clients to enhance their business performance by implementing leading practice controls, processes and technologies. In doing so, it helps clients to better manage the financial and operational risks associated with ongoing operations, external business relationships, regulatory compliance, market volatility, and corporate actions or events.
• Helping clients to embrace risk in a volatile world, providing a platform of advisory services that enable senior executives to spot, assess, manage, and respond to risks and catastrophic unforeseen threats that could undermine their competitive position and jeopardize their critical assets, reputation or financial standing.
We help our clients transform unpredictable business issues into opportunities for growth and long-term competitive advantage. Our team of Business Risk professionals possesses competency and experience in the areas of strategic, financial, operational and regulatory risk management, internal auditing, forensic accounting, forensic technology and more. We offer solutions to address a variety of risks that result from regulatory changes, litigation, market volatility, corporate events, and growing third-party relationships. Learn more about our Advisory practice at Deloitte.
• Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Computer Science or Information Systems/Management
• Relevant work experience (e.g., internships, summer positions, school jobs)
• Experience working independently and managing multiple projects, assignments or responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Experience quickly and concisely researching and collecting data from unique places
• Experience synthesizing data and conveying information in a meaningful way
• A strong understanding of Windows-based applications including proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Travel up to 75% may be required at times, dependent on role and location
• Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.2)
How you’ll grow
Throughout the course of the internship program, you will receive formal and informal mentorship and training. You will have access to learning opportunities to help foster and accelerate your development of new skills and capabilities. Beyond the formal training, you will work with talented professionals and have the chance to ask questions and gain valuable hands-on experience while working on client engagements. Interns will also be invited to participate in an Advisory Internship Conference hosted during the summer at Deloitte University. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
• Post ID: 28892797 denver