Executive Assistant/Human Resources Coordinator
Elite Brands of Colorado | Denver, CO
Job Title: Executive Assistant/ HR
Reports to: President
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Summary: The Executive Assistant performs a variety of clerical and administrative duties that are necessary to run an organization efficiently. Duties and responsibilities may span multiple functional areas of administration, such as personnel, purchasing, or administrative services. Routine administrative support is also required in terms of organizing files, editing documentation, drafting letters and client communication, preparing documents, coordinating schedules, scheduling appointments, answering phones, typing, scanning, copying, faxing, invoicing, calendaring, collections, and supporting other staff. The Executive Assistant uses computer software to create spreadsheets; manage databases; and prepare presentations, reports, and documents. The Executive Assistant is expected to participate in an atmosphere that promotes trust, creativity, open and honest feedback, accountability, and personal development. The job is fast paced and will require excellent communication, time and task management skills. Success in this role will require open and honest feedback to all members of the team at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Ability: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of word processing software; spreadsheet software; inventory; order processing; and database software.
- Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certificates and Licenses: Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- Screens telephone calls, mail and email at the executive level and responds promptly to incoming correspondence as appropriate.
- Maintains an updated and accurate calendar as well as schedules appointments and office meetings as requested. This includes the employee time away process.
- Ensures management is informed of deadlines and problems and resolves issues efficiently and effectively
- Responsible for working with the President on projects, special events and requests ensuing the company’s Core Values and Purpose Statement are represented
- Works closely with the President to ensure cultural elements of the company are part of the day to day operation- “Keeper of the Culture”
- Prepares and confirms all travel and accommodation arrangements for President as well as all Employee Incentive Travel.
- Authorized Signatory of DIA Badging- Overseeing the regulated processes for compliance of Elite employee badging and vehicle permitting
- Assist the President in launching and managing a new Volunteer Program
- Member of the Cost Containment/Safety Committee-monthly meetings and action steps if needed
Human Resource Coordinator
- Responsible for Hiring Process; Posting job openings, resume review and follow up of applicants. Onboarding of employees- new hire paperwork, updating Elite files as well as maintaining/updating throughout the year
- Manage the Employee Benefits programs- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, Workers Compensation, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, COBRA administration, 401K enrollment and Legal Shield
- Process our enrollment paperwork for employees through Paylocity, our online payroll system. Update employee info as needed, ACA compliance, and maintain relationship with our Paylocity rep.
- Oversee the recognition of LIFE Events for employees (i.e birthdays, company anniversary’s, weddings, deaths, get well, etc.)
- Maintains confidential Employee information. Ensure compliance with employment laws and record keeping; including VOE’s wage garnishments, and workers comp claims. Keeping employee manual and job descriptions current. Upkeep of filing.
Remember, you are a representative of Elite Brands of Colorado, and being professional and courteous to all employees and customers is part of the responsibility of this position!
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; outdoor weather conditions, vibration, work in high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold (non-weather); risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands must be met by employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The Executive Assistant is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
• Post ID: 51363007 denver