What you’ll be doing...
Operations Program Scrum Master will serve as a primary liaison between technology and the operations group. This individual will also report work stream development burn down to our central program management office so that feature development progress can be reported.
The position is a hybrid role that blends traditional program management requirements with the Agile scrum framework. At any given time, this individual could have 3-5 development work streams to monitor. The scrum master will ensure that business requirements are in the backlog and that work stream sprints are prioritized with direction from respective Product Owners. The scrum master tracks burn down and works to unblock development teams.
Mastery of JIRA and ownership to customize and keep JIRA current would be a requirement of the scrum master.
Individuals with a technical aptitude preferred but willingness to learn and understand new systems as they are developed desired.
- Plan and hold scrum ceremonies.
- Lead and unblock teams.
- Provide project updates on development status to a traditional PMO organization.
- Work with product owner delegates on prioritization and make decisions based on product roadmaps.
- Report risks as blockers to teams and understand how they impact development schedule.
- Maintain JIRA by ensuring that features, epics, and stories are properly created, sized, and planned into sprints.
What we’re looking for...
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Operations, Scrum, and/or Program/Project management experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Key competencies: teamwork, willingness to learn and a drive for continuous improvement.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Certified Scrum Master, SAFe, or PMI Agile Certified Practitioner certifications.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2505439-operations-program-scrum-master
• Post ID: 52537587 denver