Posted: Thursday, March 8, 2018 1:06 AM
Company Name: King Soopers
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor all established quality assurance standards. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Prepare bakery items per customer requests using proper bakery equipment.
- Offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products they inquire about.
- Inform customers of bakery specials.
- Provide customers with fresh products that they have ordered and the correct portion size to prevent shrink.
- Recommend bakery items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Use all equipment in bakery such as the refrigerators, freezers, and ovens according to company guidelines.
- Prepare foods according to the food temperature logs and follow cooking instructions.
- Measure, prepare and mix ingredients according to recipe, using variety of kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Adequately prepare, package, label and inventory ingredients in merchandise.
- Check product quality to ensure freshness. Review \"sell by\" dates and take appropriate action.
- Properly use kitchen equipment, stove, computerized scale, freezer etc.
- Decorate cakes, pastries, cupcakes, cookies and other bakery items.
- Label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
- Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
- Display a positive attitude.
- Understand the store's layout and be able to locate products when requested by customer.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions note any discrepancies in inventory.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risk, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math
- Current food handlers permit once employed
- Bakery/Cake Decorating experience
- Retail experience
- Second language: speaking, reading and/or writing
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Jobs at King Soopers: At King Soopers, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at King Soopers. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly 443,000 associates who serve customers in 2,796 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states and the District of Columbia. Kroger and its subsidiaries operate an expanding ClickList offering - a personalized, order online, pick up at the store service - in addition to 2,253 pharmacies, 787 convenience stores, 324 fine jewelry stores, 1,439 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is recognized as one of America's most generous companies for its support of more than 100 Feeding America food bank partners, breast cancer research and awareness, the military and their families, and more than 145,000 community organizations including schools. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CO || Arvada || 14967 Candelas Parkway || 80007 || King Soopers || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Deli/Bakery; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None
Associated topics: corporate, culinary, executive, executive chef, executive kitchen, grill chef, pizza chef, restaurant chef, service, sous chef
• Location: Denver
• Post ID: 52903542 denver