What you’ll be doing...
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for identifying new opportunities and developing the strategy and vision for free and premium products, both branded and unbranded within the MapQuest suite of properties. Youll be accountable for communicating market and product developments from the roadmap, gathering requirements, ensuring user input for projects, and collaborating with stakeholders and development teams to ensure successful implementation of new or enhanced functionality for the products.
This role is inherently cross functional -- you will work closely with the marketing, design, finance, legal, business development, sales, and engineering teams to launch new ways to package and market on behalf of MapQuest. Additionally, you will be mentoring this cross-functional team, and those directly in your reporting structure, to ensure our products have extremely high quality and value to the end user.
- Drive business analysis and experimentation, capturing insights that inform the long-term strategy and roadmap for your product
- Engage closely with the engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods, as well as a reasonable execution schedule
- Own the business case, definition, development, and ongoing improvement of products or features that advance MapQuests value proposition
- Define detailed development requirements and help
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, and drive growth
What we’re looking for...
You must have
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of product management or product design experience
Ideally you have
- Product design experience, including in collaboration with stakeholders across internal and external organizations
- Drive product development from small features to entirely new products
- Work hands-on with designers and engineers to implement and build new features that meet our standards of simplicity and quality in navigation
- Be comfortable with getting hands dirty in day-to-day tasks to get things done
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers Americas fastest and most reliable network. Were also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6787965-product-manager-consumer
• Post ID: 36906788 denver