What you’ll be doing...
The Senior Manager, Product Management and Marketing will lead the commercial evaluation and development of the requirements for a suite of Consumer and B2B products. The manager will lead a team of product managers and product marketing managers who are responsible for the individual products and will help resolve strategy, requirements and GTM across the suite. Product Lifecycle Management requires collaboration across the organization so this leader will develop tight relationships cross functionally across the sales, consumer, technology and marketing organizations driving and evangelizing the Who, What and Why for the products in the funnel.
Responsibilities include identifying new product concepts, collaborating on the product roadmap, driving market requirements and helping develop and analyze business cases. This leader will work with their peers across business units to drive active engagement, product enthusiasm and support. This manager will be become deeply rooted in the voice of customer, our platform capabilities, establish clear timelines, identify risks to the plan, report on KPIs for revenue and product performance, as well as drive accountability and structure in the project plan for their team.
- Develop market assessments and commercial models for the products, while validating the concepts through legal and privacy teams and product development.
- Use strong communication skills to distill complex business issues and builds consensus across constituencies and passionately evangelize the vision internally and externally.
- Establish KPIs, revenue forecasts, program deliverables and requirements to meet defined targets.
- Assess the market for opportunities for partnerships, acquisitions or commercial agreements which advance the efficiency, profitability or strategic positioning of the products.
- Identify and resolve issues/gaps to expected results and develop mitigation plans to optimize impact.
- Ensure the market positioning of products deliver on the promise: train the sales leads, lead product marketing to drive sales collateral and support key customer meetings to manage customer expectations.
- Strongly support and promote the Verizon’s Credo via positive interactions with both internal and external stakeholders.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of experience leading products and product marketing.
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree/MBA.
- 10+ years of experience leading products and product marketing.
- Excellent understanding of advertising platforms and the features, data and products that drive value across the ad ecosystem.
- Versed in the challenges and opportunities Fortune 500 companies face related to product management.
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence, build engagement and partner across engineering, marketing and teams. Strong sales collaboration and ability to integrate customer requirements. Proven experience translating products’ technical advantages into marketing differentiators.
- Demonstrated success shaping emerging product vision and strategy, as well as experience bringing several highly innovative, compelling, and profitable products to market. Has successfully brought a mobile and/or data product to market with annual revenues of at least $50 million.
- Proven ability to create from scratch highly efficient commercial development and operational processes and teams.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate complex environments with a track record of building and fostering credibility and alliances.
- Effectively communicates and presents ideas to others in a manner that achieves clarity, buy-in, commitment, and success.
- Hands-on, "roll up your sleeves" mindset, with the ability to be a driver and change agent in an organization. Proven ability to lead through influence without a direct line of authority.
- Thrives in a fast paced, dynamic environment and drives clarity in key areas.
- Willingness to take calculated risks, communicate those risks throughout the organization and mobilize the team.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2520564-senior-manager-product-management
• Post ID: 52818972 denver