Posted: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 12:31 PM
At The Medical Center of Aurora and Centennial Medical Plaza patients are our first priority. We take extreme measures to ensure high quality, safe care in the most comfortable setting possible. Highlights About The Medical Center of Aurora: Metro Denver's first community hospital to earn Magnet Recognition for nursing excellence. Primary Stroke Certification (The Medical Center of Aurora). Two accredited Chest Pain Centers (Main Campus and Centennial Medical Plaza). Ranked the #4 hospital in the Denver metro area and the #4 hospital in Colorado in U.S. News & World Report's 2014-15 Best Hospital Rankings. Level II Trauma Center at our Main Campus. Level IIIa NICU at our Main Campus. Emergency Nurses Association Lantern Award Recipient for 2013-2016. State-of-the-art Heart Care Tower on Main Campus. Community Hospital Cancer Program accreditation from American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer. NAPBC-accredited Breast Cancer Care Center. Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children affiliation.
Why Choose The Medical Center of Aurora?
• Two-time Magnet® Recognition
• 12 OR suites
• Video integration
• Stealth Navigation for Neurology and ENT
• daVinci Robot for GYN, Urology and General Surgery
• Level II Trauma Center
• Specializing in Chiari Malformation surgery, hepatobiliary procedures, cardiovascular/cardiothoracic and traumatic orthopedic cases
We perform over 500 surgeries a month in the following surgical specialties:
• Cardiovascular • Orthopedic Spine
• Orthopedics • GYN
• Urology • Neuro
• Plastics • ENT
• General Surgery • Trauma
This position supports the mission of The Medical Center of Aurora and Centennial Medical Plaza of optimizing the quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Provides asset management and support of surgical instruments and trays belonging to or consigned to the facility, in accordance with The Department of Health, TJC, OSHA, CDC, AAMI and AORN standards.
- Properly handles, decontaminates, assembles, sterilizes and returns for use all instrumentation in accordance with the above organizational standards.
- Assists to develop and establish work flow, process improvements, daily work assignments, log documentation and management.
- Develops and implements educational offerings to SPD staff.
- Accurate and timely reporting of shift details to incoming shift staff and Lead Technician.
- Delegate responsibility, assign lunch and break schedule.
- Supports daily operations of any activities that pertain to the processing of reusable instrumentation.
- Works with other departments, including Supply Chain, in order to provide all necessary items to perioperative services.
- Reporting of broken instrumentation, and vital communication with team leadership and/or manager.
- Demonstrates consistent success in working, communicating with, and mentoring diverse staff.
- Communicates in a professional manner to all staff and facility employees.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of instrumentation in multiple specialty areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=03191-60587&lang=en
• Location: Denver
• Post ID: 35882098 denver