Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 5:02 AM
Apply early as this job may be removed or filled prior to the closing date, which is approximately seven (7) days after the posting date.
Other Potential Locations:Denver, CO
Anticipated Start Date:
Number of Positions:2.0
19.45 : 23.16 Per Hour
All communication with applicants will be done via email. Please check your email on a daily basis.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: Keep work areas clean and orderly; operate industrial maintenance equipment within a shop environment.
SAFETY: Comply with company and federal safety rules, policies and procedures to include wearing required safety equipment, responding to and acting on safety concerns. May be required to handle hazardous materials.
EQUIPMENT OPERATION: Operate forklift, mobile crane, track mobile, shop tractor, and power hand tools.
EQUIPMENT AND SHOP MAINTENANCE: Sand, fuel and clean locomotives. Clean and organize shop work area: sweep and clean work surfaces, store parts, empty and discard garbage. Operate power:driven equipment such as a vacuum cleaner, electric broom or steam cleaning gun.
The duties and responsibilities in this posting are representative categories to be used in deciding whether for the position. These general categories do not necessarily constitute an exhaustive list of duties of the position.
- 18 years of age or older
- High School diploma or GED
- Possess valid state:issued drivers license
- Willing to submit to a background review
- Available to work in geographic area indicated
- Able to read, write and communicate (speak, hear and communicate) English
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Work full:time (40 hrs/wk). Shifts governed by union agreement and subject to seniority. Mechanical shops operate 24 hours/day, 7 days/week with three 8:hour shifts including weekends, holidays, overtime. Available to work any shift required
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs without assistance
-Able to visually distinguish colors : red, blue, green, yellow; hear, and with training, distinguish auditory signals
- Able to use hands to perform activities involving holding, grasping, turning and pulling
- Able to perform work on uneven surfaces; frequently climb ladders, get on/off equipment, work from various heights
- Able to: work in conditions with loud noise and fumes; work on/around heavy/moving machinery; bend, walk, stand, sit for extended time; use hand tools
- Follow safety policies and procedures; wear required personal protective equipment
Training: Company:paid on:the:job.
Relocation: Assistance not available.
Work Conditions: Extreme all:weather conditions; uneven surfaces; safety sensitive work environment.
Probationary Period: 100 working days
Shifts/Hours: Full:time (40 hrs/wk), subject to seniority and governed by union agreement, assigned shift may be one of three 8:hour shifts; Mechanical shops operate 24 hours/day, 7 days/week.
Union: National Conference of Fireman and Oilers.
Dues: Per union agreement; membership and dues required.
BNSF Employees receive a competitive benefit package.
All positions require pre:employment background verification, medical review and pre:employment drug screen.
BNSF Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION ELEMENTS:
: Criminal history
: Last 7 years of driving history
: Last 5 years of employment history to include military service
: Social Security number
MEDICAL REVIEW ELEMENTS:
: Medical evaluation
: Drug Screen
: Other elements as needed
DRUG TEST ELEMENTS:
BNSF is committed to a safe and drug free work place and performs pre:employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which d
• Location: Denver
• Post ID: 33622558 denver