At The Medical Center of Aurora and Centennial Medical Plaza patients are our first priority. We take extreme measures to ensure high quality, safe care in the most comfortable setting possible. Highlights About The Medical Center of Aurora: Metro Denver's first community hospital to earn Magnet Recognition for nursing excellence. Primary Stroke Certification (The Medical Center of Aurora). Two accredited Chest Pain Centers (Main Campus and Centennial Medical Plaza). Ranked the #4 hospital in the Denver metro area and the #4 hospital in Colorado in U.S. News & World Report's 2014-15 Best Hospital Rankings. Level II Trauma Center at our Main Campus. Level IIIa NICU at our Main Campus. Emergency Nurses Association Lantern Award Recipient for 2013-2016. State-of-the-art Heart Care Tower on Main Campus. Community Hospital Cancer Program accreditation from American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer. NAPBC-accredited Breast Cancer Care Center. Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children affiliation.
Why Choose The Medical Center of Aurora?
• Two-time Magnet® Recognition
• 12 OR suites
• Video integration
• Stealth Navigation for Neurology and ENT
• daVinci Robot for GYN, Urology and General Surgery
• Level II Trauma Center
• Specializing in Chiari Malformation surgery, hepatobiliary procedures, cardiovascular/cardiothoracic and traumatic orthopedic cases
We perform over 500 surgeries a month in the following surgical specialties:
• Cardiovascular • Orthopedic Spine
• Orthopedics • GYN
• Urology • Neuro
• Plastics • ENT
• General Surgery • Trauma
The Surgical Technologist performs a variety of technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for pre-operative patients. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assembles supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedures.
- Prepares sterile instrument table.
- Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards.
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Transports patients to and from surgical suite.
- Positions patient according to type of surgery.
- Assists the surgical team in surgical procedures which may include passing instruments, sponges and sutures.
- Maintains work area.
- Gathers equipment for cleaning and sterilization.
- Assists in the monitoring of the patient through the procedure.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=03191-62647&lang=en